Icelandic citizens planning to visit Vietnam typically require a visa to enter the country. You can obtain a Vietnam visa through various methods, and the specific process may vary depending on the type of visa you need and your travel plans. Here are some common options:
- Visa on Arrival (VOA):
- Icelandic citizens can apply for a Visa on Arrival (VOA) if they are arriving in Vietnam by air at one of the international airports, such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, or Da Nang.
- To get a VOA, you should apply through a reputable travel agency or visa service provider before your trip to Vietnam. They will assist in obtaining a Visa Approval Letter for you.
- Upon arrival in Vietnam, you will present the Visa Approval Letter, your passport, a completed entry and exit form, and the visa stamping fee at the airport. The immigration authorities will issue your visa.
- Icelandic citizens can apply for an E-Visa for Vietnam online. This option allows entry at various border checkpoints, not just international airports.
- Visit the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department to complete the E-Visa application. You’ll need to upload a recent passport-sized photo and provide all the necessary information.
- After completing the online application and paying the processing fee, you will receive an E-Visa Approval Letter via email. Print this letter and present it along with your passport upon arrival in Vietnam.
- Embassy/Consulate Visa:
- If you prefer to obtain your visa before traveling to Vietnam, you can apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam in Iceland.
- Contact the Vietnamese embassy or consulate to inquire about the application process, required documents, and fees.
Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended date of departure from Vietnam. Additionally, provide accurate and complete information in your visa application.
Visa requirements, fees, and processing times can change, so it’s essential to check with the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate or visit the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department for the most up-to-date information and guidelines.
Always verify the latest travel advisories and entry requirements before your trip to Vietnam, particularly in light of any changes due to public health concerns or other unforeseen circumstances.