Reading is one of the best ways to learn about the world around you. But sometimes it can be hard to find books that are appropriate for your child’s age level and that will challenge them in a positive way. That’s where storybook apps come in! These apps help your child build social, emotional, and literacy skills while they read. Here are 5 of the best storybook apps for social, emotional, and literacy learning.
What is a Storybooks App?
Storybook apps are a great way to encourage your child’s social, emotional, and literacy skills. They can help your child learn how to share stories with others, develop empathy, and improve their reading skills. Here are five of the best storybooks apps for kids:
- Storytime Stories by Disney: This app is based on popular Disney movies and TV shows. It includes stories from classic films like Cinderella, Aladdin, The Lion King, and Frozen, as well as newer releases like Moana. The app has a variety of activities that help children learn how to share stories and interact with others.
- Read With Me by KidConnect: This app helps kids learn how to read by having them read along with professional narrators. There are different books available for every level of reader, so there is something for everyone. Kids can also participate in challenges and earn rewards along the way.
- Book Creator by Little Birdy: This app lets kids create their own storybooks using illustrations and text they create themselves. There is a wide range of templates available to choose from, so you can create any type of book you want. Kids can also share their books with other users through the app’s sharing feature.
- 123Stories: This app is designed specifically for children aged 3-8 years old. It includes a library of more than 10 million stories from around the world, as well as fun activities that
Benefits of using storybooks apps
Storybook apps are a great way for children to learn social, emotional, and literacy skills. The apps provide a fun and engaging way for children to learn while they have fun. Some of the benefits of using storybook apps include:
- Children learn how to share and take turns.
- They learn how to read aloud.
- They improve their vocabulary.
- They learn about different cultures and religions.
Which storybook app is best for your child?
Storybook apps are perfect for children who want to learn social, emotional, and literacy skills. The best storybook apps have tons of content, beautiful graphics, and engaging gameplay. They also let you customize the app to your child’s interests, so they can explore different stories and characters. Here are our top five storybooks apps:
1) Disney Storybook App: This app is packed with classic stories from Disney movies, like Frozen and The Lion King. It has interactive scenes and characters that kids will love interacting with. Plus, it has a wide variety of books to choose from, so your child can find something new every time they open the app.
2) 123 Stories: This app features colorful illustrations and interactive games that teach children how to read. Each story has multiple levels of difficulty, so your child can continue learning even if they get stuck. There are also online activities available for parents to participate in with their children.
3) Nick Jr Storytime: This app is great for toddlers who want to learn about nursery rhymes and other classic stories. There are over 100 different stories available, all narrated by popular Nick Jr characters like Daniel Tiger and Winnie the Pooh. Plus, there are bonus videos included that parents can watch together with their children after they finish reading the storybook.
4) Pogo: This app is perfect for older kids who want more challenging content than what traditional storybooks provide. Stories range from funny tales about pirates to
How do you use a storybook app?
- Storybook apps can be used by parents and caregivers to help children build social, emotional, and literacy skills. The best storybook apps have interactive features that allow children to explore stories on their own or with friends. Some of the most popular storybook apps include Disney Storytime, Book Babies, and 123 Reader.
- Parents can use storybook apps to read stories together or separately. The app will prompt the parent to record a voice reading the story while the child listens on headphones or watches on a screen. This is an excellent way for parents to learn language skills in a fun and relaxed environment.
- Storybook apps can also be used to help children improve their vocabulary and spelling skills. The app will ask the user questions about the story after each chapter so that children can learn what words were used in that particular passage of text. This type of reinforcement is essential for children who struggle with learning new words but enjoy reading stories
Reading together as a family is one of the best ways to help your child develop social, emotional, and literacy skills. By downloading one of the many storybook apps available on the market today, you can help your child learn about new friends, make new relationships, and build their reading skills in a fun and engaging way. Whether you are looking for an app that focuses on specific topics such as animals or dinosaurs, or one that has a more general focus like The Lion And The Mouse or Where’s Wally? we have found five great storybooks apps that will keep your child entertained and learning.